Illuminating Our Future
Celebrating The Columbia Campaign
The Columbia Campaign came to a close on December 31, 2013, and the University’s future is brighter than ever. In every area of study within the University and every pursuit in the common interest beyond it, Columbia and Columbians are moving forward with renewed energy. In scientific research, policy study, the professions, teaching, medical treatment, and more — we’re creating new knowledge, transmitting it to the next generation, and driving the future forward.
The Campaign, which drew support from more than 200,000 donors from 141 countries, has had infinite impact on countless lives, and will for generations to come. More than 670,000 gifts totaling more than $6 billion mean Columbia can:
· Bring the best students as strengthened financial aid attracts top applicants to Columbia and helps them succeed
· Strengthen faculty as endowed professorships and program funding help recruit, retain, and further the work of the best
· Meet new challenges as a stronger endowment and donor base allow us to grow for the future
· Create new homes for the arts, business, science, medical education, and athletics on all our campuses, including Manhattanville
· Expand programming that reflects Columbia’s global reach
· Build on an energized community of donors, alumni, parents, students, and faculty
The energy shared by donors and volunteers through The Columbia Campaign illuminates our future.